The retail sector offers consumers a variety of shopping options, both in terms of products available as well as options for shopping, which include national and regional chains, franchises and independent retailers, in addition to online retailers. Retailers are exploring all of these concepts, including brick and mortar stores, mobile commerce, the customer experience and other ideas to connect with well-informed, mobile consumers.
- 50% of Bentonville residents hold an Associate degree or higher
- Corporate headquarters in Bentonville:
- Tyson Foods
- J.B. Hunt
- 1,400 Walmart suppliers have presences in Bentonville, employing a total of 6,000 people in the city.
- Over 900 workers are employed in the IT industry in Bentonville
- Wages in the IT/digital media industry are nearly 50% lower in Benton County than the U.S.
- Arkansas has the nation’s fourth lowest cost of doing business — CNBC’s Top States for Doing Business